Sunday, February 28, 2010
Of the 54 teams at the state meet, the Wolves were 13th in team scoring with 59 points.
The relay of Bobby B., Osnar P., Stephan C., and Josh K. swam to a 12th place finish (3:23.20) in the 400 free relay.
Osnar had a great prelim swim in the 500 free (4:55.41) and qualified for championship finals, where he finished 8th in finals. Osnar also finished 16th in the 200 free (1:49.82).
Bobby broke the state record in winning the 200 free (1:39.81). Later, he finished 2nd in the 100 free (:46.05). Both were new school records and earned him automatic All-American rankings. 2010 All American time standards are here.
Bobby was also named the Texas 4A male swimmer of the year.
State meet pics and vids from Don S. will be posted later this week.
Monday, February 22, 2010
Thursday, February 18, 2010
For the complete schedule and ticket information, visit the UIL State Swim Meet page here.
Directions to the swim center are here.
Parking is often a problem. The closest parking is directly across MLK from the swim center. A link to a map showing the swim center (in orange) and nearby parking (in blue) is here.
A preliminary psych sheet for 4A is here.
I'll get an itinerary out to parents and swimmers as soon as possible.
Wednesday, February 17, 2010
Tuesday, February 16, 2010
It will take a day or two for the new top ten to be posted.
I am working on an announcement for tomorrow.
Tomorrow is the SALC meeting. Bobby B. and Alyssa L. need to wear SALC shirts and meet in room 1304 at 10:00 a.m.
We will participate in Thursday's pep rally. Please wear a team shirt.
More pics from Don S. are on the way. Here's Sierra M. in the 200 I.M.:
Timberview medal winners were:
200 free (g) - Kirsten B. (2)
200 free (b) - Bobby B. (1) & Osnar P. (2)
200 i.m. (b) - Stephan C. (3)
100 free (b) - Bobby B. (1)
500 free (b) - Osnar P. (1)
200 free relay (g) - Alyssa L., Lindsey S., Melyssa T., & Kirsten B. (2)
200 free relay (b) - Bobby B., Stephan C., Josh K., & Osnar P. (2)
100 back (g) - Kirsten B. (3)
100 back (b) - Stephan C. (2)
400 free relay (b) - Bobby B., Osnar P., Stephan C., & Josh K. (1)
Wolves advancing to the state meet are:
200 free - Bobby B. & Osnar P.
100 free - Bobby B.
500 free - Osnar P.
400 free relay - Bobby B., Osnar P., Stephan C., & Josh K.
The tentative psych sheet for the state meet is here.
Check out MHS and SHS region results here.
Monday, February 15, 2010
Monday, February 8, 2010
Saturday, February 6, 2010
Friday, February 5, 2010
Monday - Splash at 6:15 a.m.
Tuesday - Splash at 6:30 a.m.
Wednesday - Splash at 6:45 a.m.
Thursday - Splash at 7:00 a.m.
Friday - Wake-up swim at 7:30 a.m.
The afternoon group's schedule for next week is:
Monday - Finish at 2:45 p.m.
Tuesday - Finish at 2:30 p.m.
Wednesday - Finish at 2:15 p.m.
Thursday - Meet in room 2122 until 2:30 p.m.
Friday - Wake-up swim at 7:30 a.m. for region swimmers, all others report to room 2122 until 2:30 p.m.
The bus for prelims will leave the MISD Natatorium at 9:00 a.m. Friday. The bus for finals will leave at 8:30 a.m. Saturday.
When resting for the region meet, remember to:
- Cut back on the caloric intake (you'll be burning fewer calories than you did in heavy training)
- Cut back on outside activities (we'll rest at the pool, make sure you rest while away from it)
- Pay more attention to the "little things" (intervals will be easier and you'll be able to "sharpen" while getting more rest)
- Conserve energy (you'll have excess energy you've not had for months - don't waste it)
- Stay positive (both about your upcoming races and your teammates')
- Visualize races (take yourself through your races from prior to the start to after the finish)
If you're shaving for the region meet, here are a few hints:
- Don't rush (allow plenty of time and include breaks)
- Use razors (electric shavers and Nair are not used in this process)
- Plan ahead (have plenty of new blades/razors available before you begin)
- Clip first (use hair clippers on exposed body hair)
- Shave (carefully shave exposed body hair)
- Be careful (especially around shins, wrists, elbows, knees, forearms, & ankles)
- Change blades/razors often (don't drag a dull razor across your skin)
Everyone swimming at the region meet should have a black cap. They're silicone caps with our logo on both sides. Since they're a special order, we have to charge $5 each.
Programs are still available for $3 each.
We still have team shirts available at $13 each.